Sunday, April 25, 2010

Amber Diaz

Poem
Amber Diaz

Dwight Morrow courtyard
spacious, open, damp
almost unbreathable air, cold and humid,
fresh “after-rain’ smell.
Gray skies,
match the concrete plates beneath her feet,
first signs of life after winter,
being to spear just ‘away’ off,
giving the bleakness of today
redemption.


************************************************************
Letter Poem
Amber Diaz

Dear Nivana Frontman, Kurt Cobain,
I have always draw inspiration from your creation if we had the chance
to
speak
I would/should have told you that your situation doesn’t determine your identification. But in retaliation, you cut off your incarnation.
and
deflated out
elation
I first heard your music over sushi and chai tea.
It spoke to me
It impacted my education
My determination
The color royal, purple also peaks.
It tells me I’m a empress.
If it really knew me, it would know that I’d sooner be a pauper
As I can’t handle much responsibility
Like you


"Where I'm From" (modeled after George Ella Lyons)
Amber Diaz

I am from the pages of the fanciful literature
which lines the walls in my room.
From undulating colors cerulean/fushia/dandelion
And long dead poets.

I am from a pew in my church, the church of Jesus Christ,
From eternal sunshine of spotless minds.
I am from the beathes pastor,
Which presses itself against otherwise lonely walls.

I am from the katia laughter and brodericks enthusiastic curiousity
I am from friendships old and new near and far in the middle I hold on to them.
I am from Robert Frost and his path less traveled
I am from Egdar Allen Poe, and a stately raven who remarks, “never more!”
I am from myths, tall tales and folklore
I am from hope for the future, and seeing what else is in store
Amber doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment